Saturday, January 24, 2009

breaking with tradition

So I am now going to blog about things I did. I know that's sort of the traditional idea, but I dislike tradition.

#1 Tried to cook a healthy meal.

This meal included;
~grilled fish fresh from jungle Jim's.
~grilled eggplant, (they were cold and rubbery, so then we fried them and they tasted somewhat better, plus we were sure they were thoroughly dead.
~oven roasted red potatoes, (okay mostly, could have baked a little longer.)
~oven roasted green beans, (also fresh from jungle Jim's, and Letha helped me snap them.)

All in all . . . . . . . . . . well, fried food is just better.

#2 Enjoyed my day of warmth

~I wore a tee shirt all day, and refused to acknowledge that I was in any way cold.
~I walked my dog to the public library, where he howled at being tied up outside.
~Sat outside and tried to read, but couldn't get that into the book, what with its being ridiculous ~and two dogs tyring to lick me to death.

Finally consented to but on a light shaw when we went out that evening . . . and about froze every time we were outside.

#3 Turned my fire escape into a bird sanctuary

~bought large bag of seed
~added three new kinds of feeders, bringing my total to four
~added a wickerish? bird house.

now the large birds flock to the food, and scare away the small ones that use to be my regulars. Is there no happy medium?

#4 Fell in love with Mr Darcy . . . again

~stayed up late watching the 1980's BBC version
~watched the Keria Knightly version the next day
~ordered the Colin Firth version from amazon
~Ransacked the house trying to find a copy of the book, which I would have sworn I owned. but had to settle for my mothers (complete work of Jane Austen) version.

Haven't had a chance to really dig in and read, but I feel an all-nighter coming on.

#5 Accomplished little

~did not put my laundry away, but craftily gave the impression of progress by moving it from basket to chair to bed to basket to chair to bed. (will move back to basket tonight.)
~slept in late every day, even though I constantly set my alarm for 7:30 or 8:00.
~didn't study for my final test in bio on Tuesday
~didn't eat very healthy (since I was home more.)
~failed to finish packing away the rest of my Christmas stuff in the new containers I bought, or put away several of my new, unnecessary purchases.

Plan to continue accomplishing nothing until Monday

#6 Bought several unnecessary things.

~trash can (for my bedroom) tech an unneeded item, I had formerly been using a bucket, and I do have a large on a room away in my kitchen, but this was convenient.
~beta fish, definitely no nec. but it was good to have them, because on the day we got them, Dakota found out that his pet hamster, which he refused to hold but still referred to in conversation, had been dead for about a month. He easily transitioned from fur to scale. no tears shed. (two fish one for Letha on for Dakota.)
~golf clubs. found a whole set of fairly nice female clubs at a thrift store, and procured them for about eight bucks, (clubs, one club cover, matching bag, and even an umbrella? of well if I have a sudden desire to golf in the rain -- I'm covered.

Several other items too, but I won't list all of them.

No comments: