Tuesday, February 9, 2010

what I'm learning in class (don't laugh I do learn sometimes)

Theology of Christian World Missions.
"Life is war. That's not all it is. But it is always that." -John Pipper

World Religions
Of the total Muslim population worldwide (1.66 billion according to a 2009 census) 93% of these are peaceful Islamics. The other 7% are radical extremist who want to kill you. But hey, that's only a few million people . . . right?

Life of Christ
Sadly it was not a Motel 6 or a Ramada Inn in Bethlehem that had no rooms. It was probably a family house, meaning the guest room was full, possible because pregnant women walk so slowly that they got there late. Changes the Christmas drama a bit in my mind.

Wisdom Lit
1) I will bless the Lord at all times
2) I will ask to see pictures of any potential spouses before I date them.
3) God has Dr Brown's phone number and routinely calls to check in on things.

Current Issues and Methods of Missions
If you are an off campus student you should leave early when there is a blizzard outside.

Doubtlessly after reading my thorough and comprehensive assessment of their classes, my teachers will weep with joy that someone was finally paying attention in class. Here's to all of you who strive so hard to teach me, I will let you be the judge of whether or not its working.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

another fad fades

I never got a myspace page. I deleted my facebook within a year of having it. Is this, the end of blogging? The old spark is gone. The excitement of writing something that you hope is profound and witty and spelled correctly, has passed (partially thanks to spell-check) The anticipation of a response, the thrill of a dull comment, the rejection of silence. All these things I once felt, I feel no longer.
I am bored
I am utterly bored with trying to not be bored.
I am busy with school and work, I have friends who I seldom see. I haven't picked up the book I started at Christmas time for nearly a month (AND ITS A MURDER MYSTERY THAT I ONLY HAVE A FEW CHAPTERS LEFT IN!!!!) Basically I function. I interact when I can. I do everything on my list in order of importance and somehow, blogging just seldom gets done. So that's it then. I quit.
Well not entirely. I may continue to post occasionally. But I am so through trying to meet you my imaginary readers, imaginary expectations. SO THERE!