Monday, May 31, 2010

help me please

help me stay awake.
That is the purpose of this blog, because I am working a double, sixteen hours 3:00pm to 7:00am.
Why? some might ask. I will tell you why. I picked up the extra shifts because I'm going out of town soon, and though I have vacation pay, I need the extra hours.
But let me be honest, if it were only about hours I would have already finished a first/second double and be home in bed. But no, not I, I wanted to go for the big shift, Third shift differential and holiday pay. because yes, tech, it is Memorial Day.

While I will look back on this next payday as a solid idea, currently I curse my greedy self seven ways from Wed.
Because it 4:52 and I cannot keep my eyes open.

But typing this, has helped. A little.
So thank you.

No comments: