Wednesday, April 21, 2010

WE'RE BACK!

That's what the last sign I wrote said, as I dangled it in the front window so all the cars in the caravan could see it. But that's another story.

I am back from the Missions Retreat, fully retreated, wholly hiked, entirely too well feed, rested, restored, and renewed. Or something like that. The trip was GREAT! I had a blast. Way more fun than the same trip my freshman year. Freshman . . . They know nothing.

But on an entirely more serious note, Did you miss me?

WHAT! YOU DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE I WAS GONE! WELL THANKS A LOT! WAY TO MAKE ME FEEL GOOD.


I almost feel like not telling you anything simple for that. . . But I guess I should have given you some heads up, so . . . here's the scoop:


SAT: We went to the picnic, late of course (however intentionally late, which is new for me.) Had fun, played around with a new volley ball. (ouch that thing hurt) ate both a hot dog and a hamburger (you sold me on that Brandon Klotz. Thank you very much.)


Picnicking concluded we headed home with Anthony and Diane. Well sorta. You see, we needed to swing by mom and dad's house to finish some errands we ran on Friday, (yet another "another story") and we(Tiffany) didn't know how to cut through so we(I) called dad for directions. Got direction. Called mom for some other stuff. When suddenly, still on the phone with mom, I get shouted at "Which way? Ky or Dayton?" and there was much wild gesturing. I guess I should have given Tiff the directions before getting on the phone because we were now blitzing down the highway headed for a Y in the rd and she didn't know which way to turn. Slightly dazed and confused, I simple nodded in the direction she was most persistently pointing. Toward Ky. (FYI the wrong way.)

This wouldn't have been a problem had the highway planning committee foreseen the need for an immediate turn around. Instead we turned at the next available off ramp. At Perfect North. Needless to say we were late getting back. Which meant we were late finishing packing. Which meant we were late loading and getting to the meeting spot. All in all our trip started late.


However, we did have fun on the way down. We lost the school vans that were suppose to transport our gaggle (herd? murder? shrewdness? pack?), so we ended up traveling in a caravan of seven drivers. The cars ranged from the Glicks full sized van to Melanie's little yellow bug. We . . . well . . . exceeded the expected limitations of the given speed, pretty much the whole way there. Let's just say we made good time. Didn't stop to often for gas, only once to eat, and all in all had a great trip down.


Once we arrived, we unpacked, claimed our territory, and settled in. had a late night devotional, some singing. Some more singing (from the Mexico girls. Bravo!!) some more singing (from the Kenya girls. Brava!) and then a little more singing.


(An aside. I woke up Sat with a sore throat, sang for about six hours in the car, and then at the cabin so by Sat night I completely lost my voice. This would seriously effect my weekend.)


Other things went on Sat, but this particular retreater called it a night shortly thereafter and therefore has no knowledge of what those things may or may not have been.


That pretty much concludes Saturday so I'm gonna call that a post and tell you the rest later.

3 comments:

Alanna said...

Aw! Sounds like so much fun! I think TE and/or music need to steal the idea of a retreat! :)

Issa said...

That would be cool. You guys would prob. have much better sing-alongs. lol

TKB said...

FYI, the school encourages the divisions to retreat, but Mr. Glick's the only one that really pursues it.

Also, thanks for noting that it was mostly your fault we got lost coming back from the picnic. Very noble of you to own it. ;-D

I feel like copy and pasting this right onto my blog...your take and simplification on the day is much better than what I could do.

Love ya! Glad we were able to enjoy yet another adventure together!