Tuesday, February 9, 2010

what I'm learning in class (don't laugh I do learn sometimes)

Theology of Christian World Missions.
"Life is war. That's not all it is. But it is always that." -John Pipper

World Religions
Of the total Muslim population worldwide (1.66 billion according to a 2009 census) 93% of these are peaceful Islamics. The other 7% are radical extremist who want to kill you. But hey, that's only a few million people . . . right?

Life of Christ
Sadly it was not a Motel 6 or a Ramada Inn in Bethlehem that had no rooms. It was probably a family house, meaning the guest room was full, possible because pregnant women walk so slowly that they got there late. Changes the Christmas drama a bit in my mind.

Wisdom Lit
1) I will bless the Lord at all times
2) I will ask to see pictures of any potential spouses before I date them.
3) God has Dr Brown's phone number and routinely calls to check in on things.

Current Issues and Methods of Missions
If you are an off campus student you should leave early when there is a blizzard outside.

Doubtlessly after reading my thorough and comprehensive assessment of their classes, my teachers will weep with joy that someone was finally paying attention in class. Here's to all of you who strive so hard to teach me, I will let you be the judge of whether or not its working.

4 comments:

Melissa Phelps said...

Do you do a lot of on-line dating? Why wouldn't you know what a potential spouse looks like?

Laur said...

Your post makes me excited to start school soon. Haha.

Alanna said...

well...i'm glad to see that you in fact did not give up blogging. ;) And in the whole scheme of things, how much do we really remember from our classes? Wow...that's depressing. Lol. And thank God for skips when there is a blizzard outside! ;)

Issa said...

mel, the advice was that if you look at their pics you will get a good idea of how they act, standards they hold when they are at home or on their own, ie make-up, hair clothing, etc. it was mostly for the guys.