Saturday, May 16, 2009

An Historic Moment

Quite obviously, this is big stuff, I mean I capitalized my title line.

Make note that I Melissa Nichole Barr, on the 15th day May, in the year 2009, around the time of 4:30pm, did officially and irrevocably mail in a manuscript to a publishing house.


Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
What was I thinking?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
I now have four to six months to wait before I receive my first ever rejection letter!
The postage of said letter courteously paid for by the aspiring author as per the time honored tradition of publishing houses everywhere, simply put S.A.S.E. (self addressed stamped envelope)
I am so excited!
I am so nervous!
I am so stupid!
AHHHHHHHHHH
I want my manuscript back!!!

Sincerely considering hijacking a postal truck en route,
Me

4 comments:

Alanna said...

You took the leap!!! I'll be your biggest reader!! :)

Melissa Phelps said...

Dude, I'd buy a book by you.

Ash said...

I have confidence in you! :)

Issa said...

Thanks for the confidence guys . . . but did I mention its a children's book? ;) oh well it should be a short read anyway.