Thursday, October 22, 2009

what can I say? life happens

My life is still random. randomly random. So here goes,

I am . . . still trying to find a word that sufficiently describes the way I feel about school. I have six classes. I have the homework done through this week in three of them. But I do have a three day weekend coming up so maybe I'll get caught up. Maybe.

I continue to work more than I like, but when bills come due it seems like less than I should. Alas is there ever a happy medium in life outside of Madeleine L'engle books? I see strange things daily (everywhere but mostly at work) I try to think about them in context with my studies, Hermeneutics, Philosophy, Christian Beliefs, and I am constantly boggled. Where do people get there ideas from?

I saw a fellow with a tattoo the other day which read, "Oh death where is thy sting, Oh life where is thy victory" How is that for living with constant depression? ink it into your skin. I don't understand why people do the things they do, like stabbing a ninety-plus year old women. Why? but then, no one else I work with understood that either. They think that whoever did that is definitely going to Hell. (not the time I suppose to suggest a little self examination, but if not then, when?)

My pts are alternatively crazy, whinny, and genuinely sick. The only time they'll talk to me is when their crazy. The only time the tell me the truth is when their genuinely sick, and when their whinny, well, they talk at me, and they order me, and the beg me for everything from pillows to pain pills, neither of which am I permitted to give them (tech, I could get them a pillow but I have to check with the nurse. We don't like to make certain pts too comfortable, namely the ones who think our door reads "University Hotel")

I have a long list of things to accomplish tomorrow, and am praying fervently for a certain item on that list which I will not disclose here and thereby jink it. If it happens, I will announce it. Family - keep your mouth shut and your comments off my blog :)

Shout out to John Todd for tinkering on my Jeep. A Jeep which now that I think about it I have never told blog-world about. It is a 91 white Jeep Wrangler, Islander. Ask me no more than this because I know no more than this, except the fact that it is my first car. Yeah! (confetti) Again, I will probably not post pictures of it. But thanks to a little tinkering it seems to be running fine. Though doubtlessly repairs and body work are in the near future.

I find that I run out of things that I can actually post on blogspot. Is it not grand how the ego can think that weeks worth of life has happened, yet the mind can squash it down to a few blips of data, yet the psyche wonders whether all the life lived can really be so condensed into such strict categories, yet the philosopher wonders whether life was lived, or just survived. Well I'll stop now. I really should study more in my classes, maybe then I could tell if what I just wrote made any sense.

2 comments:

TKB said...

So...you got your not-mentioned-in-this-post wish. ;-D Woohoo!

Melissa Phelps said...

Hollah!

(I was helping with the shout out)