Thursday, December 11, 2008

working

So I'm sitting at work, and my pt are all registered. I have an hour ten minutes and fifteen second till I can leave . . . but I'm not counting. The lobby tv is playing an investigative show on giant rats that people are reporting in Florida, new york, and Alaska. I'm talking rats bigger than your little dog. probably cuter too.

I'm alternating between trying to think of all the things that I need to do before my party on Saturday, and trying not to think of all the things I have to do before my party on Saturday.

I'm hungry, since I haven't eaten since breakfast and its now ten something (10:19:26) so I got to talking with one of the other ladies who works here and she's on a diet, so we sat together for awhile and looked at delish.com a website that lets you create menus, search recipes, and view instructional videos. So now I'm really hungry.

They have eliminated the giant rat being a cappabeara, but they have caught one now and are running DNA tests.

Tuesday in lab we looked at pond water thru microscopes, and let me just say, I will never swim again. Sitting here thinking of that makes my skin crawl . . . or that could be the pt who had bedbugs.

So they found out the rat was a giant African something or other that had been originally imported as exotic pets, then were found to carry monkey pocks and were outlawed, so some dumb breeder released his remain eight into the wild. And since rats can breed within four week of birth, have eighty some spawn a year, well, the Florida keys have a problem.

Well. since its now 10:57:39 I had better go finish my job so I can leave. only 26 minuets, 21 sec, 20, 19 . . .

1 comment:

TKB said...

Way to ruin Florida for me with your R.O.U.S. story...